Banana Muffin Surprise!
(I don't suggest using muffin liners....
Like I said, it was my first time baking banana bread and they stick horribly!)
*Makes 12 regular sized muffins
1 Large Egg
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/3 C. Applesauce (unsweetened)
1/2 C. White Flour
1/4 C. Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 C. Splenda (or other sweetener, you can use honey but it will raise the calories)
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
2 Large Overripe Bananas, Mashed
4 Tbsp. Dark Chocolate Chips
1/8 C. Sliced Almonds (or any other nut)
1. Set the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In one bowl, mix egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
3. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, splenda, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and stir. Then add the mashed bananas and mix well.
5. Here you can stir in the chocolate and nuts or you can put them on top after you pour them into the tin.
6. Spray muffin tin with non stick spray and pour in batter.
7. Cook 30-40 mins. depending on your oven. Check periodically with a toothpick. **I had to put mine closer to the bottom of the oven to ensure cooking thoroughly**
8. Remove when done and cool on baking rack.