*Makes 6-7 2 cup servings
Make sure you check the bullion and bacon for gluten ingredients to keep this a g-free recipe!
1-1.25 lbs of Ground Turkey (or Spicy Italian Sausage)
(season with Italian seasonings, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and garlic if you're doing the turkey)
1/2 lb. Smoked Bacon (chopped)
10 C. Water
4 Chicken Bullion Cubes
1 Med Onion (chopped)
2 Large (or 3 med) Russet Potatoes (sliced)
2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
2 C. Kale (chopped)
1 C. Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Add water and bullion cubes to a pot and cover. Put on med-low to dissolve.
2. In a pan, brown the turkey, adding the seasonings as it cooks. Drain and put aside in a bowl.
3. Cook the bacon in the pan, drain, and add to the turkey.
4. Add the sliced potatoes, garlic, and onion to the pot. Bring to a low boil and simmer on med with the lid off until the potatoes are tender.
5. Add the meats, bring to a low boil and simmer for another 10 mins.
6. Add the kale and cream, season the soup with salt and pepper. Doesn't need to boil, just warmed through, and it's ready to serve!
And here's a jar of the soup with my label to sell :)
(this soup must be kept fresh, it's not canned)