I first made this for onion rings and decided to try it out on chicken and it turned out amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. It's not very heavy and it doesn't feel real thick as you're eating it. Try it out on your favorite veggies or meats!
*Makes a lot :) 3-4 whole onions, or 2-3 cut up chicken breasts, just get crazy and fry everything!
3 C. Flour
2 Eggs (separated)
2 cans/bottles Beer (any type, I tend to use ambers)
4 Tbsp. Butter
1-2 tsp. Salt
1. Sift flour into a bowl. Set aside 1 cup in a smaller bowl.
2. In another bowl, whisk egg whites. Add beer, butter, and salt. (VERY IMPORTANT: you may not need all the beer. It should be a pancake batter consistency so play it by ear.) Add this to the 2 cups of flour.
3. Let this sit for 45-60 mins. **add the egg whites after it sits, and mix well**
4. Heat your oil in a pan or a deep fryer if you have one.
5. Coat your chicken/veggies in flour and then dip in the batter.