Friday, February 22, 2013

Spicy BBQ Chicken Pizza

While I have several pizza dough recipes on here, I realized that I hadn't really made a proper post for my awesome BBQ chicken pizza!  What a shame!  So here goes...

Spicy BBQ Chicken Pizza

 *Makes 1 12" Pizza

1 batch Dough
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (chopped and cooked)
3/4-1 C. Cheese (Mozzerella, cheddar, or my favorite pepperjack)
1/8 C. Onion
1/8 C. Bell Peppers (red are the best)
1/2 batch BBQ Marinade for sauce (trust me! it's heavenly)

1. Make your dough. (add 1/2 tsp. each garlic and chili powder to the flour for more spice)
2. Grill or pan sear your chicken and chop it up.  Also whip up the sauce.
3. Once the dough is done, preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
4. Then you can take out the dough, use a little flour (I like to use cornmeal with pizza dough) and stretch it to the size of your pan.  I recommend lining the pan with parchment paper for an easy clean up!
*A great tip I came across as well: If you don't have a pizza stone, turn a cookie sheet upside down and use parchment paper.  Turns out crispy and awesome*
5. Sauce it, top it, and throw it in the oven for 12-15 mins depending on the oven.
6. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment