Thursday, October 11, 2012

Subtle BBQ Marinade

I tend to be pretty picky about my flavors on chicken.  I've tried store bought marinades and I like one or two but I decided to try my hand in making my own to play with.  This is tough for me as we don't actually own a grill at the moment.  (we live in a STUPID apartment complex and can't have one)  So, we deal with a mini George Foreman grill.  All of my grilling recipes are usually made for either one.  I was looking for a spicy, sweet, and subtle taste and I stumbled across it while just dumping things in a bowl!  I can only encourage people to be creative.  That's where half of my recipes come from, me just making stuff up.

Subtle BBQ Marinade


*enough for 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Allergen Tips:
Double check your bbq label to ensure you have a gluten free dish!
Balsalmic vinegar is also safely on the g-free list :)

1/4 C. Olive Oil
1/2 C. Spicy BBQ Sauce (we use Bill Johnson's and swear by it!)
2 tsp. Balsalmic Vinegar
1 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1/8 C. Water
1/3 C Onion (chopped)

*If ACTUALLY grilling, you may want to set aside just a bit of the marinade to brush on while grilling!*

1. I like to cut my chicken breasts in half so they are thinner and easier to grill to perfection.  Put them (in whatever state you like) in a ziploc bag.
2. Chop up your onion and put in the bag with the chicken.
3. In a bowl, mix all other ingredients.  Mix well with a whisk.
4. Pour the sauce over the chicken in the bag.
5. Marinade for at least 5 hours or freeze for a later date.
6. Grill Chicken to your liking and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment