Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lazy Game Hens

I love chicken.  I could eat it 7 days a week!!!  (oh wait I almost do!)  I find my creativity is almost endless even with boneless skinless chicken breasts.  The boyfriend doesn't like bones in chicken so I never get to cook with normal chicken!  Such a shame and a lack of flavor!  But I've learned all the in's and out's of the boneless stuff to make all kinds of fancy stuff.

I have been DYING to make a cornish game hen because I love how small and cute they are!  They're perfect for one person!  I've been thinking of making one since the last time I was in Vegas and we got dinner and a show where they served game hens.  Very inspiring to my imagination!  So out of curiosity I decided to make them in a crock pot.

Lazy Game Hens

*makes 2 hens

2 Cornish Game Hens (still frozen)
1 Onion (chopped)
3-5 Tbsp Olive Oil (depending on how generous you want to be)
Salt, Pepper, Garlic (preferably fresh but powder works), Onion Powder, Rosemary, Thyme
3/4 C. White Wine

1. Sprinkle salt, and pepper on the bottom of the crockpot.  Drizzle 2 Tbsp oil on the bottom of the pot.
2. Add onion to the crock pot.
3. Put the hens on top of the onion.  Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over the hens.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder, rosemary, and thyme.  If you're using fresh garlic, place several slices on top of the chicken and put the rest around it on the bottom with the onions.  If you're using powder, be generous on and around the chicken.
4. Pour in the wine but don't pour over the chicken or else all that seasoning will be a waste!
5. Cook on low for 6 hours.


6. Pull out and enjoy your fall off the bone chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment