Well, Chipotle is one of my guilty pleasures when it comes to eating out. I've been known to travel to different cities just to get a burrito bowl covered in all the yummy goodness that they offer! I've been trying to recreate their food for YEARS and I've finally nailed the rice! Hope you all enjoy the recipe!
1 C. Brown Rice
2 C. Water
2 Tbsp. Butter
1 Lime (cut in half and juiced)
1 Tbsp. Cilantro (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
1. Put the butter, rice, and half the lime juice in a pot and stir until the butter is melted.
2. Add the water and around 1/8 tsp of salt. Bring to a boil.
3. Lower the heat to just below med-low and cover. Cook until the water is all gone. (usually just over 30 mins)
4. Take it off the heat and let it sit for about 5 mins.
5. Add the other half of the lime juice and the cilantro as well as a little more salt to taste. Stir well and add to ALL your Mexican dishes!!!