Sunday, August 18, 2013

Beef N Broccoli

I love me some yummy Chinese food.  I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuper picky about stuff we order for takeout!  That's why I started making my own stuff. :)

Beef and Broccoli is so simple yet can be so complex!!  I decided to make a crock pot version and messed with it to make it yuuuuuuuuuummy!!!  This is definitely a treat in my house this week!

Beef N Broccoli


*makes 4 servings

Allergen Tips:
Choose a gluten free soy sauce made by Kikkoman or Tamari.

1 lb. Flank Steak (Cut in strips and then cut in half)
1 C. Beef Broth (I used water and 2 cubes of bullion for a stronger flavor)
3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1/2 C. Soy Sauce
1/3 C. Honey
1 Tbsp. Oil (sesame is recommended but vegetable works if you don't have it handy)
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
2-3 Heads of Broccoli (chopped)

3/4 C. Brown Rice
1 1/2 C. Water


1. Place beef in a crock pot.
2. In a small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, honey, oil, garlic and salt/pepper. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
3. After that time, in a cup, stir cornstarch and just a little sauce from the crock pot until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir well to combine.  Repeat if it's not thick enough for you.
4. Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.

5. Start the rice by mixing with water.  Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 30 mins.
6. Cover beef and broccoli and cook an additional 30 minutes on high.

7. Combine and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment