Saturday, July 27, 2013

Canning and Salsa Excitement!

Well as some of you know, I'm going to start canning and selling my salsas in the near future.  And let me tell you, I can hardly contain my excitement!  It's been nonstop research and buying necessities to make this happen.  I feel that the money dumped into this idea isn't going to be money wasted even if this salsa selling turns out to be a flop.  (which it won't!!!)


I just dropped the last chunk of money necessary to get started on a pressure cooker/canner!  I can't even explain how excited I am to have one in my possession!!!  My pressure cooker was given to me when my grandpa died.  It was well loved, and used a ton.  There was an unfortunate accident in my kitchen (NO ONE was harmed thank God) and it's now useless as a pressure cooker.  I just didn't want to drop the money on a replacement.  But NOW I have several reasons!!!

I just bought this beast of a cooker!

This is the All American 921 Pressure Cooker/Canner.  I went biiiiiiiiiig and got the 21 1/2 quart for just over $200.  This beast can process up to 19 pint size jars at a time and that's the size I'm going with for my salsas!  What a deal!!!

I honestly can't wait to get it on Wednesday to take it for a spin!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment