Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sausage Sliders

Saturday morning is my favorite day to make breakfast (and usually the only morning in the week I can find the time).  I was feeling a bit adventurous this morning since I've been living on fast food breakfast this week. :(  I wanted to get a little crazy and make my own breakfast sandwich with a biscuit.  The biscuits I use are small and fluffy and not hard and dense like McDonalds.  It makes for a fun breakfast!

Sausage Sliders


*makes 8 sandwiches

1 Tube of Sausage (I use Jimmy Dean's Hot Sausage)
2 Slices of Cheese (My favorite is pepperjack!)
2 Eggs
1 Tube of Buttermilk Biscuits








Salt, Pepper

1. Preheat oven according to your biscuits.  Get your pans ready for the sausage and eggs.  Put the biscuits in as soon as it's ready.
2. Start cooking the sausage patties.
3. About the time you flip your sausages to the other side you can start frying your eggs.  Season them as you like with salt, pepper, maybe some garlic or parsley.  I personally don't like a ton of egg, but if you are an egg lover, then you can up how many eggs you actually use.  I used two and cut them into quarters.
4. About this time, the biscuits should be close to done if they aren't already.  When the saugage is done, put a 1/4 of the cheese slice on top to start melting.
5. Assemble everything and serve!



**These would have been awesome with some gravy to dip in, but I didn't have any. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment