There's a quaint place that I have to visit every time I'm in LA called Phillipes that is just to die for! I don't think I enjoy my french dip sandwiches as much anywhere else. I don't often make my own french dips or philly cheese steaks either, but hey why not take it for a spin!
Philly Cheese Steak Bites
*makes 12-16 bites
2 tubes of Crescent rolls
1 package of roast beef (using 2 slices per roll)
6-8 slices of cheese [usually provolone but I'm not a fan] (cut in half diagonally)
1/2 Onion (sliced)
1 Green Bell Pepper (sliced)
2-3 tsp. Olive Oil
1 packet Au Jus gravy
1. Put the oil in a skillet and add the veggies. Let these cook on one side for 5-8 mins and then stir/flip them as best as you can to the other side. When these are done, preheat the oven according to the rolls.
2. Open up the rolls and start separating them. Lay the cheese down on each roll with the long edges together.
3. Then layer 2 slices of roast beef, add 2 strips of bell pepper and 2-4 pieces of onion. Roll up and put on a cookie sheet lined with tinfoil and sprayed with non-stick spray.
5. Prepare the au jus while the rolls are cooking.
6. Serve it all up and enjoy!
(the roast beef tends to weep a little so the bottoms don't stay crisp, I recommend a fork and knife)