This is an offspring from my mother's Green Chile Burritos but it's made with chicken and you can use it for just about anything. Burritos, enchiladas, sopapillas, even tacos if you like them messy! The only picture I have is of finished enchiladas but this is just the base chicken concoction. You can also just make the green chile sauce without any meat or use beef instead of chicken.
Green Chile Chicken
*Makes 8-10 servings depending on the dish
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (use the longer time if they're frozen)
1 small Onion (diced)
2 cans Cream of Celery Soup (prepared with only 1/2 can of water each)
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder (to taste, but at least 1/4-1/2 tsp each!!!)
2-4 cans Diced Green Chiles [dependent on how spicy you like it] (or use 3/4 C. Diced fresh Green Chiles)
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Corn
1. Add everything to the Crockpot and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
2. Around 5-6 hours, pull the chicken out to shred.
3. Put the chicken back in and cook for at least 30 more mins. Don't forget to TASTE! The chicken will change the level of seasonings in the sauce.
4. Proceed to make whatever dish you choose to use it in!
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
*makes 12-16 enchiladas
1 20 pack of Corn Tortillas
1 Green Chile Chicken Concoction from above
1 C. Shredded Cheese (I use pepper jack)
1. Prep Green Chile Chicken above.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Spray a 9X13 pan with non stick spray.
4. Start stuffing tortillas with the chicken from the crockpot, and sprinkle some cheese into it. Lay seam down into the pan.
5. Continue til the pan is full and then top with more of the sauce.
6. Add the rest of the shredded cheese to the top of the enchiladas.
7. Cover with tinfoil and cook for 20-25 mins.