Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Reprieve from Mayo Pasta Salads!

I can't stress enough how much I HATE mayo.  I tend to not ever make anything that calls for it because it's not welcome in my house or my fridge.  That being said, I really really love pasta salads and there aren't too many that are mayo free.  So I got a little crazy with some fat free ranch instead!

Crunchy Ranch Shells



*Makes 4 servings

Allergen Tips:

Rice flour noodles are a great g-free option for any pasta dish!
Double check your ranch label to ensure it's a gluten free option.


8 oz. Whole Wheat Shell Pasta
1/4 C. Broccoli (chopped)
1/4 C. Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
1/4 C. Onion (chopped)
1/4 C. Celery (chopped)
1/4 C. Cheese (diced)
1/4 C. Ranch (give or take, I didn't measure. Depends on how ranchy you like it.) (I also used fat free ranch, the veggies mask the "fat free-ness" of it!)

1. Boil the pasta with some salt in the water.
2. While the pasta is cooking, chop all the veggies and cheese and put in a container.
3. Once the pasta is done, drain and rinse with cold water until the shells aren't warm anymore.
4. Lay the pasta out on paper towels to drain some of the water, getting it as dry as possible.
5. Add pasta and ranch to the veggies and mix well.  Refrigerate for at least an hour to make sure the shells get chilled.  Serve as a side dish or a yummy snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment