Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Smash-ed Tatoes

I have to say, I grew up on a lot of instant mashed potatoes growing up and man did I love them.  As an adult, I find myself loving real potatoes and take immense joy in using them in different ways.  I don't use red potatoes often but I stumbled across a recipe that I tweaked for my own eating pleasure!

Smash-ed Tatoes



Pick 1-2 red potatoes per person
Olive Oil
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Basil (or any fresh herbs you like)

1. Boil the potatoes until they're soft.
2. Set the oven to 450 degrees.
3. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spread olive oil over it to prevent sticking.
4. Put potatoes on the cookie sheet, take a potato masher and push them down like a peanut butter cookie.
5. Brush them with more olive oil and liberally season with the above seasonings.
6. Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment