So I'm doing my normal, "browse Pinterest and Allrecipes" because I'm hungry one day and I decide to check my junk email for something else to do. I must point out that I get a daily email from allrecipes with a featured recipe. So as I'm deleting emails, I came across one that was "6 ways to use broccoli" and I had to check em out. The last recipe on the list was chicken divan and I'm like, what? I've never heard of this dish before and I as usual, tweaked it to my liking, and it was AMAZING! If you haven't tried it before, give it a shot!
Italian Chicken Divan
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Large Head of Broccoli
1/3 C. Onion (chopped)
1 Can Cream of Broccoli
1/2 C. Milk (I use skim)
1 C. Mixture of Mozzarella and Parmesan
3 Tbsp. Bread crumbs (mine are from an 8 grain bread)
1 1/2 Tbsp. Light Margarine
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Olive Oil, Italian Seasonings
1. Dice the chicken and onion. Drizzle olive oil in the pan and add the chicken, onion and seasonings. Cook until the chicken is done.
3. Salt the broccoli and mix together with the chicken and put in a 9X13 pan.
4. Mix the soup with the milk and pour over top of the chicken and broccoli.
5. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
6. Melt the margarine and mix with the bread crumbs and Italian seasonings. Sprinkle this on top of the cheese.
7. Cook in the oven for 15 mins or until the cheese starts bubbling.