It's that time again, Halloween is actually tomorrow and everyone is carving pumpkins. I have had at least 3 people ask me recently if I have a recipe to make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds. So here's for all you carvers looking to not waste those seeds!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
1 1/2 C. Pumpkin Seeds
1 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
1 1/2 tsp. Salt or Garlic Salt
Any other seasonings if you're feeling adventurous (Chili Powder, Onion Powder, Cajun Seasoning, etc)
1. Boil seeds in pretty salty water for 20 mins. Drain and lay out on a sheet for 24 hours to dry out.
2. Set oven to 300 degrees.
3. Melt butter, add to seeds and seasonings in a bowl, mix well.
4. Spread on 1-2 cookie sheets making SURE that it's flat layer with no overlaps to ensure the baking.
5. Cook for 45 mins stirring occasionally.
6. Let them cool and TADA! Snack time!