Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fancy Roasted Broccoli

Finding veggies that the boyfriend will eat can be a challenge sometimes.  He hates squash, and cucumbers, and cauliflower, and some others.  Broccoli is one of his favorites!  *happy dance*  I get tired of steaming broccoli all the time so we have to come up with different ideas. (me rather... he doesn't do anything)  After my numerous hours on pinterest, I combined a handful of broccoli ideas to make the BEST recipe I think I've ever had.  It's a lot of ingredients but it's super simple to put together!

Fancy Roasted Broccoli
*Makes 2 servings

1 Head of Broccoli (chopped)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil (I eyeball this one, don't smother it, but be a tad generous)
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 Cloves of Garlic (sliced or minced)
2 Tbsp Parmesan (grated, but you can use the powder if you'd like)
2 Tbsp Sliced Almonds
Touch of Lemon Juice (maybe 1 1/2 tsp?)

1. Set oven to 425 degrees.  Chop up your broccoli and put it in a bowl.  Add the garlic, oil, salt and pepper.  Mix well and spread on a foil lined cookie sheet. (Spray with non-stick spray)
2. Cook 25 mins.
3. With 7-10 mins left, sprinkle the cheese and almonds on.
4. When it's done, add some dashes of lemon juice, and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment