I've been looking for something quick to grab and eat because I don't want to put any thought into my snacks during the day. This treat is amaaaaaazing and chock full of protein so they're great for after a workout. I played with a recipe off pinterest and made it my own! :) They're not for those who don't like bananas though! Fair warning!!! Another note would be that these don't have ANY flour or sugar!!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Protein Cookies! (Wow mouthful)
*Makes 20 cookies (depending on the size)
2 Ripe Bananas (mashed)
2/3 C. Peanut Butter
1/3 C. Apple Sauce
1 Scoop Protein Powder (vanilla or chocolate work great)
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 C. Oats (quick or old fashioned and uncooked)
1/4 C. Favorite Nuts (chopped)
1/4 C. Dark Chocolate Chips
3 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
1. Mash the banana and mix in the peanut butter. Fun fact, it's super easy with a pastry cutter!!!
2. Add the apple sauce, protein powder and vanilla extract and mix well again.
3. Add oatmeal, nuts, and chocolate chips.
4. Let this sit for 10 mins. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Add the chia seeds right before you pop them in the oven. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and put spoonfuls of mixture and mash down into cookie shapes. I dumped spoonfuls into a cookie cutter for fun shapes! Hearts and stars.
6. Cook for 25-30 mins.
7. Pull them out and cool on sheet for 5 mins and then move to a cooling rack.
These last about a week but they freeze! So keep a few out and freeze the rest! Just pull em out early in the morning if you think you'll need a protein boost after a workout!