Chipotle Shredded Beef
*Makes 6-10 servings
Check the bullion for gluten to keep it a g-free recipe!
1 2-3 pound Roast
1 Can Green Chiles
1/2 Can Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
1/2 Medium Onion (chopped)
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Seasoned Salt
1 tsp. Cumin
4 Cloves Garlic (minced)
2 C. Beef Stock (I use bullion cubes)
1. Rub the seasonings on the roast and place in the crock pot.
2. Put all the veggies and peppers around the roast.
3. Pour the beef stock in, don't pour directly on the roast! (so you don't knock all the seasonings off!!!)
4. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
5. Pull out the beef and shred. Before you put the beef back in, scoop out about 1 1/2 cups of the juice and veggies and set aside. (this is to make a sauce to pour on top)
6. Put the meat back in and cook for one more hour. Serve however you'd like!
*For the sauce*
1. Put the set aside juice in a processor and pulse until all the solids are gone.
2. Put it in a sauce pan on med heat and add just a tiny bit of a flour paste to thicken it up. Spoon over whatever you make!
Yummy Enchiladas :)