Friday, January 4, 2013

Fiesta Chicken Wrap

Day 3 of my weight loss challenge I went looking for some lunch.  I knew I was going out for dinner with some friends so I didn't want to overdo it with my calories.  I decided to skip the tortillas and make my first lettuce wrap. (ever! I know right??)  It turned out juicy, full of flavor and totally filling and satisfying!  It's a really simple wrap to make and you can always play around with the recipe!

Fiesta Chicken Wrap

*Makes two wraps

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders
1/2 C. Chunky Salsa (pictured with my black bean salsa)
1/8 C. Shredded Cheese
4 Iceburg Lettuce Leaves (less if you have a sturdier lettuce like romaine)
3/4 tsp. Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning

1. Season the chicken and grill or pan sear.  (I use my George Foreman at least 3 times a week!)
2. Sprinkle the cheese inside the lettuce and put the chicken on top of that. (it gets all melty and gooey!)
3. Top with salsa.  I also use my black bean salsa because of the nutrients in the ingredients rather than a normal salsa.
4. Wrap up and enjoy!

Pictured with a sugar free Crystal Light Peach Mango Green Tea! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment