Dark chocolate is really good for you in small doses! I decided to make it worth my while with truffles! :)
*Makes 15-20 balls
1 C. Chocolate Chips (dark, regular, white) MAKE SURE IT'S ROOM TEMPERATURE
1/2 C. Heavy Cream
2 C. Chips (whichever you'd like to coat it in, I don't recommend white....)
You can also cover them in chopped nuts, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, or crushed candy canes :)
1. Boil heavy cream on the stove, and add to a bowl with the cup of chips. Let it sit for 2-3 mins.
2. Mix until it's smooth and creamy. Put in the fridge uncovered for an hour.
3. Pull out the granache and spoon it into little piles. (about a small spoonful for each)
4. Roll each pile into a ball. (it gets messy!!!)
5. Put back in the fridge for about 15 mins to harden them up again.
6. Start melting your coating chocolate on the stove with a double boiler or in the microwave.
7. Using two forks, drop a ball in the chocolate, coat it and put on wax paper on a cookie sheet.
8. When you're all done, put in the fridge (or freezer if you have room) to cool. 5-15 mins depending on which.
9. Put in a freezer bag or container and keep in the freezer!