As my posting history shows, we eat a lot of Mexican food in our house. We like it spicy and usually south of the border! Here we have a twist on normal tacos. You might compare them to Chipotle (fast food chain) tacos, but I've never had them before. The rice is however inspired by Chipotle even if it tastes nothing like it. :)
Cajun Grilled Chicken Tacos
1-2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (depending on size) (Slice in half so the breast is thinner)
1 batch of Scary's Bean Dip
1 C. Long Grain Rice
1 3/4 C. Water
1/3 C. Finely Chopped Cilantro
1 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
1/2 Lime (juiced)
1 pack Fajita size Tortillas (I am a HUGE fan of Guerrero tortillas for ALL my tortilla needs)
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Cajun Seasoning to taste
Favorite salsa on top
1. Add water, butter, and rice in a heavy pot. Bring to a boil.
2. Once boiling, bring heat down to medium. Cover the pot mostly with room for steam to escape.
3. Pull out the chicken, slice in half to make thinner filets that grill faster. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little heavier on the cajun seasoning.
4. Check the rice, once it starts forming craters from the bubbling, cover it completely and turn down to low heat. Cook for about 15 mins.
5. Throw the ingredients for the bean dip in a pot and turn it on med. Stirring occasionally.
6. Start grilling one breast at a time. Put them on a plate in the microwave (or you could warm your oven if you'd like) to keep them warm.
7. Once the bean dip is thoroughly melted and done, you can put aside.
8. Check the rice to make sure that all the water is absorbed. Once this is done, stir in the lime juice and the cilantro.
9. Cut the chicken into thin strips. (or dice as I did here)