I'm always on board for cooking in the oven to avoid grease and fat! These are "adult" tenders but kids would love them too! Serve these up with your favorite dipping sauce. My favorite is spicy barbeque. :)
Parmesan Chicken Tenders
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut in half width wise and then cut into strips)
1/4 C. Butter
1 Tbsp. Garlic (minced)
1 tsp. Garlic Powder (separated into 1/2 and 1/2 tsp)
1 tsp. Season Salt (separated into 1/2 and 1/2 tsp)
1/2 C. Bread Crumbs (I make my own from a 9 grain loaf but any bread crumbs will do)
1/4 C. Parmesan (I prefer fresh shredded parmesan, but you can use the processed stuff in the green container)
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Get a cookie sheet (cover with tinfoil for easy clean up) and put a cooling rack on top of it. (this ensures it cooks on both sides evenly)
*FUN FACT* I tend to use a cooling rack a lot on top of a cookie sheet for cooking. Easy clean up on the cooling rack, turn it upside down on the cookie sheet and soak with soap and hot water! No more stuck on food!!!
2. Cut up the chicken into small strips, or squares if you prefer but try to keep them fairly thin. (like 8 total pieces from a breast, 4 on top and 4 on bottom)
3. Melt butter in a small bowl and add the minced garlic, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp of season salt.
4. Add bread crumbs, parmesan, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp season salt, and the pepper in a separate bowl.
5. Dip the chicken in the butter concoction and then smother in the bread crumb. Lay each piece on the cooling rack one at a time with plenty of room between them.
6. Cook 35-40 mins and serve with sauce and sides! These also make great leftovers!
*My favorites to serve are my homemade mashed potatoes and green beans