*NOTE: The seasonings are for a 2.5 lb. roast, so make adjustments accordingly to the size you buy! It's very important!
1 Roast 2.5-3.5 lbs
2 Garlic Cloves
½ Bell Pepper (chopped)
½ Onion (chopped)
1 Jalapeno (chopped)
1 Small bunch of Cilantro (chopped)
2 Tbsp. Hot Sauce (Tabasco, Chalula, Tapatio)
1 ½ Cans of Beer (or Beef Stock)
3 Chili Pods (seeded and ripped in to little pieces)
1 Tbsp. Seasoned Salt
2 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 tsp. Parsley
2 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
1 Lime (juiced)
1. Start off with the hot sauce, ripped up chili pods and half the beer. Let it sit in a bowl so the pods start to reconstitute.
2. Take a sharp knife and cut 7-8 holes in the roast. Stuff pieces of the garlic into these holes.
3. Combine all the seasonings in a bowl. Sprinkle on the roast and rub it in so it sticks. Turn over and repeat. There should still be some seasonings left. Pour the remainder into the bowl with the beer and chili pods.
4. Put the roast in the crock pot as centered as you can get it.
5. Proceed to chop all the veggies. Sprinkle them all around the roast; try not to leave any on top.
6. Squeeze the lime juice on the roast. Pour the beer mixture into the crock pot. Add more beer to where the roast is almost covered.