Mini Breakfast Burritos
*There is no exact number of burritos to make. It all depends on tortilla size and ingredients. This particular recipe made 18 mini burritos but I bought extra tortillas just in case.
1/2 a roll of Jimmy Dean Sausage (we use the hot sausage)
1/2 Onion (chopped)
1/2 Bell Pepper (chopped)
2 C. Hash Browns (I made my own fresh ones in a food processor but you can use frozen too)
Shredded Cheese of your choice
Tortillas (I use fajita size and 2 are usually perfect for a meal, but you can use soft taco size for bigger ones.)
1. Cook onion, bell pepper, and sausage in a skillet. Set aside when it's done.
2. Cook hash browns next (season with salt and pepper). Throw the sausage back in once it's done.
3. Use a whisk and whip the eggs (I season these too before I throw them in the skillet). Add them into the skillet and keep turning it to make sure it cooks thoroughly.
4. Take a tortilla, add some of the egg mixture, top with some cheese and roll into a burrito. Make sure and tuck both ends.
5. Wrap in saran wrap and repeat until all the eggs are gone.
6. Put the burritos in freezer safe bags and pull out however many you'd like to eat!
7. For warming them back up: Fajita size: 30 seconds on each side Soft taco size: 45 seconds on one, 30 seconds on the other
8. Serve with your favorite salsa and enjoy your real eggs, and yummy hand picked ingredients!
Stirring in the eggs.
Add the innards and cheese, then get to rollin'!
Rolled, and wrapped to go in the freezer.