Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Stuffed Chicken with Black Bean Salsa

Well here I am after trying like 4 different methods on sharing my recipes.  I'm in the progress of making a cookbook website but let me tell you how much work that actually is!  I figure this might be an easier way to share my culinary adventures with everyone. :D

Last night's dinner (since it came out way more awesome than I figured):

Stuffed Chicken with Black Bean Salsa
*Serves 2

Black Bean Salsa
1 Can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 Can of Rotel Tomatoes (choose your level of spicy, green chiles or habañero)
1 Can of Corn (drained and set aside 1/8 of a cup)
1/2 of a Bunch of Green Onions (chopped)
1/4 C. Cilantro (chopped)
1/8 C. Yellow Onion
1/8 tsp. of each Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder
(you can add chili powder if you'd like it to be more spicy, but it's more for flavor)
Set in fridge to chill for at least 3-4 hours

Stuffed Chicken (this can be done with ANY choice of stuffing!!)
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut a pocket in the side as large as you can.  If your not comfortable with that, you can pound it and roll it over.)
1/8 C. Corn you already set aside
1/8 C. Fresh Roasted Green Chili (chopped OR a whole 4 oz. can of green chili)
1 Jalapeño (seeded and chopped)
Small handful of Cilantro (chopped)
1/4 C. Cheese (I use pepper jack)
 Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder to taste

1.  Make your salsa ahead of time so it has time to chill.
2.  Set oven to 375°
3. Cut the pocket in both breasts.  Mix the corn, green chili, and jalapeño, and half of the cheese together and stuff both breasts.  Pin the breasts closed with toothpicks.
4. Spray your pan with non stick spray. (I use a 6X9 Pyrex baking dish)  Sprinkle the bottom with all 4 spices.
5. Put chicken in the pan with the open, pinned sides facing each other.  Sprinkle the top of the chicken with the spices and put in the oven for 55 mins.
6. With 12 mins left of the timer, pull the oven rack out and top chicken with chopped cilantro and then the rest of the cheese.
7. Serve chicken with the salsa on the side.

 Black Bean Salsa
 Close up on yummy goodness!
I know, I know, It's partially eaten, but I had to show the stuffing!

2 comments: