Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Shake Those Seasonings!

I must say, for one who cooks with practically nothing but salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder, I collect a lot of spices.  As any good cook should!  I happened to be out and about today running errands and picked up two new ones.  Got me a nice Cajun rub that I want to try on grilled chicken.  And, I got a bottle of nutmeg.  Why nutmeg you ask?  Well see, I've never in my life needed nutmeg before until now.  I've decided to try my hand at homemade tortellini and EVERY single recipe I've found calls for nutmeg.  I can't find any explanation why, but it is so. So I purchased a bottle.  I got home and was putting stuff away when I got immensely sad!
Now my spice drawer is completely full!!!

While this should be a good thing, due to my tiny TINY kitchen, I have no other room to put spices!  /facepalm  Guess I should use more stuff faster!

(Right after we moved in and let me tell you, that's the WHOLE kitchen.) And yes, I love magnets.

No comments:

Post a Comment